Monday, June 29, 2009

Buffalo Springs Triathlon, Almost...


Heading home now from Lubbock, TX after yesterdays Half Iron and Ironman Hawaii Qualifier. I did not get a Kona spot but it was very close. I ended up in 5th place in my age group and there were going to be 2 spots. The 1st place guy had already qualified so I needed 2 guys ahead of me to pass on it. The 4th place guy didn't show up to the awards ceremony so if only one of the 2nd or 3rd place guys passed it was mine. But... not to be they both took their well earned spots leaving me motivated to train harder and get my hawaii slot on Ironman Louisville on August 3oth. I travelled down with TriRochester members Andy Shulha and Peter Maves, both did well especially Peter who also ended up in 5th in his age group!




MC

No comments:

Post a Comment