Friday, February 12, 2010

Frozen Goose

10k #2 of 2010 is in the books and I managed to knock 30 secs off my time from last week. Felt much better! I almost missed the start again! I completely missed the start of this race last year since they started about 5 mins early, we had to take an alternate route to get in the race. This year I was about ready to go early and bang I hear them announcing they are about to start and I'm still 100 meters and one huge snow pile away from the start! I ran and got in the back of about 50 starters as the gun was going off. Took me a about a minute to comfortably work my way up, but after that all was good. Was running with David Kallmes by mile 2.5 and we ran together for a bit until he started pulling away. He was wearing a drug shirt advertising something about Separation Anxiety on the back. I thought that was rather ironic as I was struggling to keep from getting separated! But in the end he was too strong and finished in 35:55 and and came in 10 secs later. But it's progress! I don't normally run well in the cold so I'm thinking that times will come down with warm weather this spring.

MC
www.blogspot.mctriguy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment